Nonzeros of SBAIJ

Zhifeng Sheng z.sheng at ewi.tudelft.nl
Wed Nov 14 10:08:43 CST 2007

Barry Smith wrote:

> Plus 1 for each row for the diagonal.
>
> Barry
>

> On Nov 12, 2007, at 11:16 AM, Hong Zhang wrote:
>

>> On Mon, 12 Nov 2007, Zhifeng Sheng wrote:
>>
>>> Dear all
>>>
>>> my matrix is SeqSBAIJ with block size 1, so I am wondering when I
>>> specify the nonzeros in a row, does it mean the actually nonzeros
>>> numbers or the memory that is needed? (for instance, for SeqSBAIJ,
>>> the actual nonzeros in a row would twice as much as memory needed)
>>

>> No, you specify the nonzeros of upper triangular part.
>>
>> Hong
>>

>>> Thank you
>>> Best regards
>>> Zhifeng

Dear all

I allocated the memory exactly with symbolic computation, and tried
preallocation on AIJ and SBAIJ, it works well for AIJ, no additional
allocaiton is needed in assembly... then I did it on SBAIJ ( nonzeros of
upper triangular part + 1), the performance is much worse , it seems
that memory allocation was still needed... does anyone have such problem
before?

Thank you
Best regards
Zhifeng Sheng