Copying shared lib files

Aron Ahmadia aja2111 at columbia.edu
Tue Mar 13 07:06:50 CDT 2007

Hi Ben,

This is a  bad idea.  Unless the systems are virtually identical (same
versions of gcc, same processor architecture, same kernel, same system
layout) just to name a few, you WILL have problems with the libraries
after they've been copied over, though less problems are likely to
spring up if you linked them statically.

As a former Redhat user, I can attest to similar computers having a
same-versioned RH distro and still generating incompatible libraries.

~A