matrix-free additive schwarz?

P. Aaron Lott palott at ipst.umd.edu
Sun Mar 4 14:25:39 CST 2007

Hi,

I'm new to petsc, and I've been reading through the petsc manual
today trying to figure out if petsc provides a matrix-free
implementation of a Newton-Krylov-Schwarz solver. It looks like in
terms of the Newton-Krylov part, everything can be done in a matrix-
free setting, but I can't tell if there are routines available to
allow for a matrix-free Additive Schwarz preconditioner, and if so,
what needs to be provided by the user to implement it. I'm very keen
on using petsc to provide an additive schwarz preconditioner for my
spectral element CFD code, but I need a matrix-free implementation
because I don't have access to the global system matrix. Does anyone
have experience with applying matrix-free preconditioners in petsc?

Thanks,

-Aaron

P. Aaron Lott
Ph.D. Candidate
4239 Computer and Space Sciences Building
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742-4015

palott at ipst.umd.edu
http://www.lcv.umd.edu/~palott