PETSc compiler

Aron Ahmadia aja2111 at columbia.edu
Thu Jul 19 09:52:04 CDT 2007

Sumit,

The compilers are specified at the command-line when you make your
configure call.

i.e. from $PETSC_DIR

./config/configure.py --with-cc=gcc

if you need more information, try

./config/configure.py --help

And to answer your question, the compiler to use is stored in a
configuration file specific to your installation (generated by
configure.py), not in the generic common files.

Cheers
~A