Non-uniform 2D mesh questions

yaron at oak-research.com yaron at oak-research.com
Mon Jan 29 21:34:52 CST 2007

Hi all
  I have a laplace-type problem that's physically built from repeating
instances of the same block.
  I'm creaing matrices for the individual blocks, and I'd like to reuse
the individual block matrices in order to compose the complete problem.
(i.e if there 10K instances of 20 blocks, I'd like to build 20  matrices,
then use them to compose the large complete matrix)
  Is a 2D DA the right object to do that? And if so, where can I find a
small example of building the DA object in parallel, then using the
different (for every instance) mappings of local nodes to global nodes  in
order to build the complete matrix?

  Thanks
  Yaron