graphic dump on cluster

js2615 at columbia.edu js2615 at columbia.edu
Thu Jan 25 00:09:19 CST 2007

Thanks for the prompt reply.  This is truly a great alternative.
I have followed the instructions, and it worked for me by using
-display frontend:10.0 option.

I understand that the Petsc graphic output is mainly for debugging
(which should probably be done just on my laptop), but I guess it
is helpful to have the functionale of dumping output on multiple
processors, even just for a fun demo.

Aron: In the original setup, my DISPLAY variable is set to
$DISPLAY=localhost:0.0.  This works indeed when I only use -np 1 (I
guess it only start the work on the master node n0000).

Cheers,

Jianing