PETSc performance on Intel core 2 duo

Aron Ahmadia aja2111 at columbia.edu
Wed Jan 24 10:12:00 CST 2007

Hi Ben,

These are some really difficult questions to answer quickly.  PETSc
performance is dependent on a large variety of factors, from the
architecture of your computer to the layout of your network to how much RAM
you have, most importantly the problem you are trying to solve.

I have an Intel Core Duo laptop as well as a dual-processor Intel Core 2 Duo
workstation here at Columbia, I'd be happy to benchmark some of your code
for you if it will help you decide on the upgrade.

Thanks,
~Aron