Can I use ATLAS for the blas/lapack library

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Jan 13 01:23:12 CST 2007

You can specify with the option '--with-blas-lapack-dir=PATH' and
configure will check if it can find comaptible libraries [wrt the
compilers used with configure]

However - unless you have a specific need for it [i.e make performance
measurements for publishing] - its ok to just use regular blas/lapack.
We recommend doing all the development with a debug build of PETSc
libraries anyway.. [which is the default for configure]

Satish