Using library from another linux system

Ben Tay zonexo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 20:55:26 CST 2007

Hi,

I've some problems compiling PETSC on one of my school's server. I've
already compiled a working library on another linux system. Is it possible
for me to just copy the library from one to another. They are both redhat
linux system and I think they're running on xeon processors.

What are the things which I must looked out for? e.g. directory location
etc...

Can the compiler be of different version? The server I compiled on uses
ifort 9 or 7 while on the problem system ifort 8 is used.

Can the original library be shared or must it be static?

Thank you!