Implementing an ADI method in parallel

Hong Zhang hzhang at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Aug 24 09:02:35 CDT 2007

David,

We are developing a 2D Fast Poisson Solver
to be included in PETSc, for which, we apply sequential
FFTW in x-direction,
and concurrently solve multiple tridiagonal systems in y-direction,
a kind of ADI-like parallel direct linear solver.
This solver is developed jointly with an petsc user
for an application in the plasma simulation.
Can you give us little more details about your application?

Hong