Using ML and options

Ben Tay zonexo at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 21:57:32 CDT 2007

Hi,

I tried to test ml using "-pc_type ml" on my problem. It was working ok
using LU or hypre/boomeramg. However I got the warning:

Gen_Prolongator warning : max eigen <= 0.0
Gen_Prolongator warning : max eigen <= 0.0
Gen_Prolongator warning : max eigen <= 0.0
Gen_Prolongator warning : max eigen <= 0.0
Gen_Prolongator warning : max eigen <= 0.0

When I use hypre, I used "-pc_type hypre -pc_hypre_type boomeramg which
gives good and fast result for solving my poisson eqn. Is there a
recommendation for ml as well?

Moreover, although I got answers from ml, my answer using ml differs
from LU and hypre from the 3 sig. fig. When I run the example ex2f, I
get different norms of error:

LU: Norm of error 0.1192E-05 iterations     4

hypre: Norm of error < 1.e-12,iterations     1

ml: Norm of error 0.2098E-03 iterations     2

It seems that norm of error for ml is a bit too high. How can I make it
lower?

Thank you.