FW: Spooles Cholesky problem

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 07:05:15 CDT 2006

Hi

> When using the Spooles Cholesky solver I am getting the error:
>
> 0:[0]PETSC ERROR: MatSetValues_SeqSBAIJ() line 792 in
> src/mat/impls/sbaij/seq/sbaij.c 0:[0]PETSC ERROR: ! 0:[0]PETSC ERROR:
> Lower
> triangular value cannot be set for sbaij format. Ignoring these values,
> run
> with -mat_ignore_lower_triangular or call
> MatSetOption(mat,MAT_IGNORE_LOWER_TRIANGULAR)!
> 0:[0]PETSC ERROR: MatSetValues() line 702 in src/mat/interface/matrix.c
>
> When I attempt to call MatSetOption(mat,MAT_IGNORE_LOWER_TRIANGULAR,ierr)
> via the Fortran interface, I get the compilation error that entity
> mat_ignore_lower_triangular has undefined type. Can you tell me if this
> option is supported via the Fortran interface?

This is certainly there in the development version, and we plan to release
in a week
or so. However, a very easy fix is to update the list of enums at the top of

   include/finclude/petscmat.h

with the enum from

   include/petscmat.h

Note that using runtime option  -mat_ignore_lower_triangular works, but I

--
"Failure has a thousand explanations. Success doesn't need one" -- Sir Alec
Guiness