Configuration error: UNABLE to FIND MODULE

Laslo Tibor Diosady diosady at MIT.EDU
Wed Jun 28 13:57:43 CDT 2006

I get the following error when trying to run configure

                       UNABLE to FIND MODULE for config/configure.py
No module named packages.MPI

I used the command, and both PETSC_DIR and PETSC_ARCH have been set

./config/configure.py --download-parmetis=1 --download-mpich=1
--download-f-blas-lapack=1 --with-shared --with-dynamic

I believe this exact same command worked last time I tried to configure
petsc so I'm not sure why it would not work this time,

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Laslo