DMMG and DA

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 12:18:45 CDT 2006

On 6/14/06, Christophe Picard <picard2 at llnl.gov> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have been trying to used DMMG and DA in the following way.
> I have a DA with several degree of freedom, and several of them have the
> same
> jacobian but different RHS (what I want to do is solve Ax1=b1(x1,x,2,x3),
> Ax2=b2(x1,x2,x3)).
> So how does DMMGsolve handle that?

I am not sure I understand completely what you want, but I will start with
the
DA. DA objects only encode a data layout. All data resides in Vec and Mat
objects. So, if you have several fields that you want to solve separately,
then
create a DA with 1 dof, and use several Vecs. Since the Jacobian is the
same,
you will have 1 Mat.

  Matt

Since x1,x2,x3 are DA variables, but I want to solve only x1 and x2 using

--
"Failure has a thousand explanations. Success doesn't need one" -- Sir Alec
Guiness