DMMG and DA

Christophe Picard picard2 at llnl.gov
Wed Jun 14 11:30:49 CDT 2006

Hello,

I have been trying to used DMMG and DA in the following way.
I have a DA with several degree of freedom, and several of them have the same
jacobian but different RHS (what I want to do is solve Ax1=b1(x1,x,2,x3),
Ax2=b2(x1,x2,x3)).
So how does DMMGsolve handle that?
Since x1,x2,x3 are DA variables, but I want to solve only x1 and x2 using the
same Jacobian, I figured that I can have some kind of switch in the
definition of the RHS function that will make the selection, and calling
dmmgSolve several times, but by modifyng the switch trough DMMGSetUser and
DMMGGetUser before each call. But then where the output of the solve
operation is stored? The way I understand it now is that it is overwritting
x1. Am I right?
Is there a way to solve x1 and x2 simultaneously, I mean by only 1 call of
dmmgSolve, and without solving x3?

I hope I am not too confusing.

Thank you,

Christophe