PETSc lib performance tuning

Berend van Wachem berend at chalmers.se
Fri Feb 24 07:28:20 CST 2006

Hi Razi,

I have tested both atlas and other blas/lapack and found small effects
on linux.

For using ATLAS with petsc, you configure ATLAS, build it, and then
specify when you configure petsc
--with-blas-lapack-dir=
where your ATLAS libs are. In my case, I use
--with-blas-lapack-dir=/usr/local/ATLAS/Linux_X86_64/

Good luck,
Berend.