Help on installation of PETSC+prometheus on Cygwin

Letian Wang letian.wang at ghiocel-tech.com
Tue Feb 21 09:57:52 CST 2006

Hello,

I had problems to install PETSc-2.3.1-p5 and Prometheus on my notebook under
Cygwin environment. Here are the options I used:

--with-blas-lapack-dir=$PETSC_DIR/externalpackages/fblaslapack/$PETSC_ARCH

--with-debugging=0

--with-mpi-dir=$HOME/mpich2-install

--download-parmetis=1

--download-prometheus=1

--download-spooles=1

--download-hypre=1

I could download Parmetis and it seemed the compiling was ok because I saw
files libparmetis.a and libmetis.a. However, PETSc complains the downloaded
Parmetis cannot be used. Attached is the configure.log file.

Any helps are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Letian Wang