Memory preallocation in python

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 08:56:40 CDT 2006

On 8/21/06, Marek Wojciechowski <mwojc at p.lodz.pl> wrote:

> > It may be that they never wrapped the preallocation methods. It seems
> > strange, but
> > possible. I guess I would mail Lisandro and see.
> >

> Just to clarify: I'm using the wrappers downloaded from
> ftp://ftp.mcs.anl.gov/pub/petsc/PETScPython.tar.gz.
> Are these something to do with petsc4py package by Lisandro?

I got confused. There are several different wrappers. Those are ones that
I produced, but found too hard to support. I am know telling people who
want more functionality to try either the petsc4py or the LINEAL wrappers
since they have the time and money to do a better job I think.

--
"Failure has a thousand explanations. Success doesn't need one" -- Sir Alec
Guiness