[petsc-dev] Enhancing the PETSc Developer Experience

Zhang, Hong hzhang at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Sep 23 15:46:22 CDT 2022

Dear PETSc developers,

We are compiling a section on "Enhancing the Developer Experience" that will be a part of the "PETSc Strategic Planning" document. Please provide us with your inputs by answering the following questions and email me back by Friday, Sept. 30.

1. What do developers like or dislike about PETSc?
   e.g., repository use, code review, testing infrastructure, documentation, and others.

2. What can we do to make PETSc more attractive to new developers and students, or to keep the experienced developers?

3. Additional comment about the "Enhancing the Developer Experience".

Note: The feedback is confidential. The docs will not include your name.
Thank you in advance for your time.

Hong, Getnet, and Jacob