[petsc-dev] PETSc future starting as a new design layer that runs on top of PETSc 3?

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Tue Jul 26 10:30:27 CDT 2022

These ownership patterns need to be addressed for reliable interfaces in any language, the compiler just forces you to do it (or use the unsafe escape hatch) in Rust.

I think it's necessary in any incremental porting effort for "old" code to call "new" code, due to the nature of our composition and callbacks.