[petsc-dev] Gitlab workflow discussion with GitLab developers

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Fri Jan 21 07:58:11 CST 2022

When applying suggestions, it should offer to "instant fixup" (apply it to some prior commit in this branch, but not in any other branches). That instant fixup should highlight commits that changed nearby lines.

When you make an inline comment and the author changes those lines of code, it now offers to show you "these lines", but in my experience, it's usually the wrong lines. I think because it's showing the same line numbers, not the same context (and something had changed the number of lines earlier).

BTW, I submitted a request for open source project status not long ago (maybe a week) with intent to unlock some project management features (like Epics).

I kinda wish merge requests could be displayed in Boards. Sometimes we use draft MRs to track actual bugs (rather than start by making an issue, then linking the issue) and it'd be nice to have a board with MRs that have set release as a milestone, with columns for their workflow stage.

Their license detector doesn't recognize BSD-2-Clause. It shows "Other" on the home page, even when I tried removing the appended disclaimer about --download-package.

https://gitlab.com/petsc/petsc/