[petsc-dev] Speeding up building docs

Patrick Sanan patrick.sanan at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 00:07:49 CST 2022

Yes, that's a good point - there's no reason to do the copy if we're
already assuming the source is up to date, so we can easily just check if
the destination already has data!

Also, while the build time certainly annoys me as well, it stopped being as
much of a priority to improve because it now happens after the main Sphinx
logic - if the thing you're iterating on is on the .rst pages, you can
examine it before the copies and link fixes are done (though obviously the
classic pages may not exist or be current, and the links may still be
broken, with placeholders in them).