[petsc-dev] Can someone help with this failure?

Jacob Faibussowitsch jacob.fai at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 10:09:03 CDT 2021

TL;DR: don’t use generalized unpacking here:

!2, 3.5 /home/glci/builds-stage1/ytsywSZu/0/petsc/petsc/config/BuildSystem/config/packages/tchem.py
generalized unpacking requires 3.5+

———

vermin is a python package that checks which python version is required to run a particular python script. Petsc targets python 2.6 or lower and 3.4 or lower, however your change would make python 3.5 the new minimum:

Minimum required versions: 3.5
Incompatible versions: 2
Target versions not met: 2.6-, 3.4-

ctrl-F for “3.5” will find the file and reason in the output.

Best regards,

Jacob Faibussowitsch
(Jacob Fai - booss - oh - vitch)