[petsc-dev] Question about the fully implicit Runge-Kutta methods (TS)

Wang Jingyuan mc05569 at connect.um.edu.mo
Mon Oct 4 22:56:48 CDT 2021

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am a student of the University of Macau, I am trying to learn PETSc and I have two questions about the TSIRK.

1.PETSc 3.16.0 adds “irk" for the TSType and it offers many options like TSIRK1BEE, TSIRK2C, TSIRK2D, TSIRK2E, TSIRK3, TSIRKL2,  I am not sure how to use them and if only Gaussian points can be used (Radau or Labatto may not offered).

2.Maybe there is a similar option to implement the fully implicit Runge-Kutta methods in PETSc 3.15 or other previous versions? For example, if I want to solve a time dependent problem with a butcher table like below, do I need to input it by myself?
[cid:CF3DAFB6-6115-45C2-BEE4-0ADCA66709BB]

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,
Wang Jing-Yuan