[petsc-dev] integrate petsc4py tarball generation with petsc tarball generation

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Mar 15 10:42:59 CDT 2021

On Mon, 15 Mar 2021, Satish Balay wrote:

> > and run "make sdist".
>
> Ah - ok. Will check this to see if I can generate the tarball in sync
> with petsc tarball. What source files need updating for
> release/version info?

Is it required to build PETSc library - to build petsc4py tarball?

Satish

-----

balay at sb /home/balay/tmp/petsc/src/binding/petsc4py (main=)
$ make sdist
python setup.py build_src
running build_src
cythonizing 'petsc4py.PETSc.pyx' -> 'petsc4py.PETSc.c'
cythonizing 'libpetsc4py/libpetsc4py.pyx' -> 'libpetsc4py/libpetsc4py.c'
/usr/bin/rst2html --input-encoding=utf-8 --no-compact-lists --cloak-email-addresses ./LICENSE.rst  > docs/LICENSE.html
/usr/bin/rst2html --input-encoding=utf-8 --no-compact-lists --cloak-email-addresses ./CHANGES.rst  > docs/CHANGES.html
/usr/bin/rst2html --input-encoding=utf-8 --no-compact-lists --cloak-email-addresses docs/index.rst > docs/index.html
mkdir -p build/doctrees docs/usrman
sphinx-build -b html -d build/doctrees  \
docs/source docs/usrman
Running Sphinx v3.2.1
building [mo]: targets for 0 po files that are out of date
building [html]: targets for 6 source files that are out of date
updating environment: [new config] 6 added, 0 changed, 0 removed
reading sources... [100%] tutorial
looking for now-outdated files... none found
pickling environment... done
checking consistency... /home/balay/tmp/petsc/src/binding/petsc4py/docs/source/manual.rst: WARNING: document isn't included in any toctree
done
preparing documents... done
writing output... [100%] tutorial
generating indices...  genindexdone
writing additional pages...  searchdone
copying static files... ... done
copying extra files... done
dumping search index in English (code: en)... done
dumping object inventory... done
build succeeded, 1 warning.

The HTML pages are in docs/usrman.
rm -f docs/usrman/.buildinfo
mkdir -p docs/apiref
env CFLAGS=-O0 python2 setup.py -q build --build-lib build/lib.py2
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpetsc
make: *** [makefile:110: epydoc-html] Error 1