[petsc-dev] Petsc Parallel Matrix Vector Multiplication for Skew-Symmetric Matrix

Mark Adams mfadams at lbl.gov
Wed Jun 2 15:00:54 CDT 2021

I guess we still have a MATSBAIJ.
In theory you could modify the MatVec to do skew-symmetric, easily, but
this is such a niche operation (never seen it requested in 20+ years) that
I would not want to put it in the repo.
This would save <2x memory and <2x time. If you have a blocked system then
it would be close to 2x.
You could do this in a branch and just rebase over main to update PETSc.
Forever, or until you can convince us to merge it.