[petsc-dev] PETSC MPI error

Barry Smith bsmith at petsc.dev
Tue Feb 9 22:03:45 CST 2021

   Ok, they use the OpenMPI version naming in their include files but changed the name in  MPI_Get_library_version() to make it look like they wrote their own MPI :-).

   I guess we are too picky in our testing, in pinit.c you can change to

    /* check for OpenMPI version, it is not part of the MPI ABI initiative (is it part of another initiative that needs to be handled?) */
#elif defined(OMPI_MAJOR_VERSION)
    {
      char *ver,bs[32],*bsf;
      ierr = PetscStrstr(mpilibraryversion,"Open MPI",&ver);if (ierr) return ierr;
      if (ver) {
        PetscSNPrintf(bs,32,"v%d.%d",OMPI_MAJOR_VERSION,OMPI_MINOR_VERSION);
        ierr = PetscStrstr(ver,bs,&bsf);if (ierr) return ierr;
        if (!bsf) {
          fprintf(stderr,"PETSc Error --- Open MPI library version \n%s does not match what PETSc was compiled with %d.%d, aborting\n",mpilibraryversion,OMPI_MAJOR_VERSION,OMPI_MINOR_VERSION);
         return PETSC_ERR_MPI_LIB_INCOMP;
      }
    }
#endif