[petsc-dev] building on Spock

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 13:01:39 CDT 2021

On Fri, Aug 13, 2021 at 1:49 PM Mark Adams <mfadams at lbl.gov> wrote:

> I was building on Spock a few weeks ago, but am getting these errors now.
> I have a setup with this environment and get this error.
>
> Any ideas?

Here is the error:

Executing: cc  -o /tmp/petsc-6izfgpkr/config.setCompilers/conftest
-L/opt/rocm-4.2.0/lib -lhsa-runtime64 -L${ROCM_PATH}/lib -lamdhip64
-lhsa-runtime64  /tmp/petsc-6izfgpkr/config.setCompilers/conftest.o
Possible ERROR while running linker: exit code 1
stderr:
ld.lld: error: unable to find library -lmpi_gtl_hsa
clang-12: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
invocation)
Linker output before filtering:

ld.lld: error: unable to find library -lmpi_gtl_hsa
clang-12: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
invocation)
:
Linker output after filtering:

ld.lld: error: unable to find library -lmpi_gtl_hsa
clang-12: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
invocation):
          Error testing C compiler: Cannot compile/link C with cc.
            Deleting "CC"

That -l look like it is put in directly by 'cc'. How does anything work on
that machine?

   Matt