[petsc-dev] empty space on left side of website pages

Patrick Sanan patrick.sanan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 01:58:19 CDT 2021

As far as I know (which isn't very far, with web stuff), changing things on that level requires somehow getting into CSS.

For instance, you can see what it looks like with other widths directly from Firefox (fun, didn't know you could do this):
- go to the page
- hit F12
- click around on the left to find the <div> that corresponds to the part you care about
- look in the middle column to find the piece of CSS that's controlling things (here, something called .col-md-3)
- edit the CSS - in attached screenshot I change the max width of that sidebar to 5%.

But, I want to avoid having to do things on the level of CSS and HTML - I think that should be done as a collective effort in maintaining the theme (and Sphinx itself).
If we really care enough about the width of that sidebar, we'll create a fork of the theme, add a setting for it, and try to get it merged to the theme's release branch.