[petsc-dev] CI error

jacob.fai at gmail.com jacob.fai at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 19:06:53 CDT 2021

I ran into a similar problem months ago and the long and short of it is that any compilers uninitialized variable detection is incredibly dependent on optimization level, which the higher you go becomes non-deterministic.

That being said, gcc is pretty terrible at getting this particular warning right :) https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=may%20be%20uninitialized

Best regards,

Jacob Faibussowitsch

(Jacob Fai - booss - oh - vitch)