[petsc-dev] DMNetwork static sizing

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 05:47:57 CDT 2021

Dowe really need a configure time constant for

struct _p_DMNetworkComponentHeader {
  PetscInt index;    /* index for user input global edge and vertex */
  PetscInt subnetid; /* Id for subnetwork */
  PetscInt ndata;    /* number of components */
  PetscInt size[PETSC_DMNETWORK_MAXIMUM_COMPONENTS_PER_POINT];
  PetscInt key[PETSC_DMNETWORK_MAXIMUM_COMPONENTS_PER_POINT];
  PetscInt offset[PETSC_DMNETWORK_MAXIMUM_COMPONENTS_PER_POINT];
  PetscInt nvar[PETSC_DMNETWORK_MAXIMUM_COMPONENTS_PER_POINT]; /* Number of
variables */
  PetscInt offsetvarrel[PETSC_DMNETWORK_MAXIMUM_COMPONENTS_PER_POINT]; /*
offset from the first variable of the network point */
} PETSC_ATTRIBUTEALIGNED(PetscMax(sizeof(double),sizeof(PetscScalar)));

Can't we just allocate this struct when needed and carry the size along?

This design seem to go against the rest of what we do in PETSc?