[petsc-dev] PDIPDM questions

Zhang, Hong hzhang at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Sep 14 14:05:19 CDT 2020

Pierre,
ex1.c is a toy test inherited from previous experimental pdipm. We simply sent centralised data to all other processes to test pdipm. It is not intended for performance. We should add more tests.

Current pdipm is not fully developed yet, especially its linear solver may fail to handle indefinite KKT matrix. We are working on it. We'll let you know after we get it updated.

For your request about 'distributed Hessian with a Jacobian with a single row?', either someone else in petsc/tao team address this issue, or I'll check the details and get back to you later.

Hong