[petsc-dev] [petsc-users] new book introducing PETSc for PDEs

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Sat Oct 31 09:35:52 CDT 2020

Barry Smith <bsmith at petsc.dev> writes:

>    I have no problem updating any of Ed's examples if we need to with each release, so the burdern doesn't fall on him. We simply make a fork of his
> repository with a new branch and update that and make a MR to Ed for each release and he can have a new branch or tag of his examples for each new
> PETSc release.
>
>    Barry
>
>   We just make this part of our release process.

If we add it to CI, the workflow is

1. Do work in the PETSc repository
2. Fork Ed's repository, create branch, update, and push
3. Point PETSc CI to the fork
4. Submit PETSc MR, review, and merge
5. Submit PR to Ed's repo, review, and merge
6. Update PETSc CI to once again point at Ed's "main" branch