[petsc-dev] speeding up testing by not always downloading external packages?

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Oct 11 14:06:32 CDT 2020

A few other related things to do:

- add more stage1 jobs (and resources) that can catch failures early -
  but don't increase stage-1 time.

- improving stage-2 jobs time - this requires gitlab scheduler
  features [higher priority jobs over others]

  and reducing the work currently done by some of the longer (stage-2)
  jobs [this cost is dependent on if pkgs need rebuilding or not
  etc..]

Satish