[petsc-dev] MATOP_MAT_MULT

Stefano Zampini stefano.zampini at gmail.com
Sat May 9 06:36:29 CDT 2020

Hong

you may want to take a look at this big commit here
https://gitlab.com/petsc/petsc/-/merge_requests/2712/diffs?commit_id=94a81e695f30a0ff4a14c0eb596e09393f9b329f

Now that you coded MatProduct, I think it is the case of not playing with
the destroy/view routines anymore in the various MatMat operations (you
know, I have raised this issue already in the past). I think I got it fixed
properly. What I did in short, I have added extra slots to the MatProduct
struct to keep track of how to destroy/view the extra information you need
for the products.
Also, I have deprecated MatFreeIntermediateStructures, since we now have
MatProductClear

I have spent quite a bit of time on it, and I personally think it is the
proper way to go. I think I took care of all the cases already covered.
Tests are clean for me
I would like to hear your opinion.

Thanks
Stefano