[petsc-dev] Getting .gitlab.ci file out of repository? https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/ci/pipelines/settings.html

Barry Smith bsmith at petsc.dev
Mon Jun 22 18:05:32 CDT 2020

   Should we get the .gitlab.ci yaml file out of the repository so people don't need to constantly monkey around with rebasing etc when something needs to change in the file?

   Seems to be number of ways of having out of the repository.

   What about the the examples/arch*.py files? Do we have to use the ones in the repository?

   Of course we should rebase against master or maint when testing but it gets annoying when you did do that but then immediately you have to do it again since some test machine when down. Shouldn't really be a concern of the developer when test machines go up and down.