[petsc-dev] "alt" versions of tests

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jun 15 09:15:45 CDT 2020

On Mon, 15 Jun 2020, Mark Adams wrote:

> My pipeline is failing on ksp/ex71.c and it seems to be picking up an "alt"
> version of the output.

Hm - it does a diff with (basic, alt) files. If all diffs fail - then it prints a diff from one of them.

> I tried REPLACE=1 and both output files seemed to
> change. What is going on with these "alt" output files?

I'm not sure how this works with alt files. I assumed it ignores alt
files - and updates the primary file.  Usually I would need a new alt
file - so I just move this over manually to a new one [and keep the
current files unchanged]

Note: To test the new alt file - one need to do 'make cleantest' and
rerun the test - otherwise the test harness does not know that it
should pick up the new alt file.

Satish