[petsc-dev] C++ error

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jul 14 14:42:43 CDT 2020

On Tue, 14 Jul 2020, Mark Adams wrote:

> > Just build with --with-single-library=0 --with-shared-libraries=0
> >

> FYI, that did not seem to work. But I think I figured it out (without too
> many more runs).

Hm - static build would give errors while compiling examples if PETSC_DM_LIB is used instead of PETSC_LIB in link line [and the associated function from DM is used by the example]

shared builds give this error on Ubuntu - but not on fedora [don't know why]. And I don't know if OSX gives this error or not.

BTW: With CI - you can start it, cancel it, and then re-run only selected jobs - so that unneeded jobs are avoided. [when debugging specific failures on specific jobs]

Satish