[petsc-dev] Sphinx error

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 02:40:30 CDT 2020

On Tue, 7 Jul 2020 at 05:37, Barry Smith <bsmith at petsc.dev> wrote:

>   My fault, for some reason sphinx from brew installed its own private
> python so I had to do the pip at that.

Any Python package that you install with brew will install the Homebrew
Python build. Start using that one, and forget about the system Python
install.
>From brew you get `/usr/local/bin/python3`, and then you can freely
`python3 -m pip install <package>`
I further symlink `/usr/local/bin/{python|pip}3` to `~/bin/{python|pip}`,
so I don't have to deal ever again with the EOLed system Apple Python 2.

--
Lisandro Dalcin