[petsc-dev] git status to test list

Barry Smith bsmith at petsc.dev
Mon Jul 6 14:47:19 CDT 2020

  This sounds like a good idea but is confusing to me.

  We use stages so if anything fails in stage 2 we don't waste compute time on anything in stage 3 or higher.

  If one uses this needs how does that affect this? Will it run everything to the end despite failures in earlier stages or will it stop any more higher stage jobs from starting if there is a failure on a stage? So for example stage 2 is running and because of needs job x of stage 3 starts. Now stage 2 has a failed job, will no more jobs in stage 3 be started?

Ideally if anything fails in stage 2 it kills the jobs started in stage 3 but I guess it doesn't do that.

  Barry