[petsc-dev] rebase problem

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Dec 7 09:27:26 CST 2020

I think the likely cause:

- you might have rebased branch over latest master
- and then - instead of 'push -f' - you did a merge
 of rebased branch with the unrebased snapshot.

This usually causes such issues..

When a branch is rebased/collapsed - its best to make sure the process
is verified [that it does not have such merges] and completed [i.e
origin/branch is correctly updated]

Satish