[petsc-dev] Merge request error

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Dec 5 14:05:21 CST 2020

Ah - ok.

Everyone does not have write access to the petsc repo. The process for this usecase is:
- create a gitlab account
- create a fork of the petsc repo [in your gitlab space]
- push the 'bug fix' branch to your fork [not petsc repo]
- create a merge request from your-repo/branch to petsc-repo/master [or release branch - if appropriate]

Satish