[petsc-dev] Configure won't find python

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Apr 18 10:32:39 CDT 2020

Sure - the initial premise of this thread [as I understood] was: /usr/bin/python is python2. On python3 only installs - there is no /usr/bin/python (for ex: jedbrown/mpich-ccache docker file) - so we need to fix this issue in configure.

I'm guessing that most installs will have  /usr/bin/python as python2 or python3 - so missing /usr/bin/python is a smaller problem. Its not clear to me why this is missing in jedbrown/mpich-ccache - and how many OSes or distro will default to this mode.

Satish