[petsc-dev] Configure won't find python

Jacob Faibussowitsch jacob.fai at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 23:43:01 CDT 2020

On macOS /usr/bin/python still defaults to:

$/usr/bin/python

WARNING: Python 2.7 is not recommended.
This version is included in macOS for compatibility with legacy software.
Future versions of macOS will not include Python 2.7.
Instead, it is recommended that you transition to using 'python3' from within Terminal.

Python 2.7.16 (default, Feb 29 2020, 01:55:37)
[GCC 4.2.1 Compatible Apple LLVM 11.0.3 (clang-1103.0.29.20) (-macos10.15-objc- on darwin

/usr/bin/env python also points to the same python 2.7

Best regards,

Jacob Faibussowitsch
(Jacob Fai - booss - oh - vitch)
Cell: (312) 694-3391