[petsc-dev] failed rebase

Mark Adams mfadams at lbl.gov
Fri Apr 3 08:55:56 CDT 2020

Satish, I tried again from scratch see the same thing.
I pushed this.
Thanks

09:35 mark/feature-xgc-interface-rebase= ~/Codes/petsc$ git rebase
origin/master
First, rewinding head to replay your work on top of it...
Applying: starting rebase branch
Using index info to reconstruct a base tree...
M       include/petsc/private/dmpleximpl.h
M       include/petscdmplex.h
M       src/dm/impls/plex/makefile
.git/rebase-apply/patch:2620: trailing whitespace.
      for (d=0;d<src->dim;d++) *pp++ = src->df[d][s][idx];
warning: 1 line adds whitespace errors.
Falling back to patching base and 3-way merge...
Auto-merging src/dm/impls/plex/makefile
Auto-merging include/petscdmplex.h
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in include/petscdmplex.h
Auto-merging include/petsc/private/dmpleximpl.h
error: Failed to merge in the changes.
Patch failed at 0001 starting rebase branch
hint: Use 'git am --show-current-patch' to see the failed patch
Resolve all conflicts manually, mark them as resolved with
"git add/rm <conflicted_files>", then run "git rebase --continue".
You can instead skip this commit: run "git rebase --skip".
To abort and get back to the state before "git rebase", run "git rebase
--abort".
09:36 1 mark/feature-xgc-interface-rebase *+|REBASE 1/19 ~/Codes/petsc$ vi
include/petscdmplex.h
09:37 mark/feature-xgc-interface-rebase *+|REBASE 1/19 ~/Codes/petsc$ git
add include/petscdmplex.h
09:37 mark/feature-xgc-interface-rebase +|REBASE 1/19 ~/Codes/petsc$ git
rebase --continue
Applying: starting rebase branch
Applying: manual merge
Applying: RE test
Applying: remove Ehat
Applying: clean up interface, redo regression tests, found false negatives
Applying: change Ec
Applying: tweek griding
Applying: clean up, working on impurity injection
Applying: fixed quench and pulse test
Applying: hardwired CUDA kernel for DIM, added presolve in ex11
Applying: added guard
Applying: starting to get E field added
Applying: doc
Applying: fix test params
Applying: remove comment
Applying: updated test syntax
Applying: cleaned up flags
Applying: cleaned up flags
Applying: fixed soruce bug

09:37 mark/feature-xgc-interface-rebase<> ~/Codes/petsc$ rm -fr
arch-macosx-gnu-g/
09:38 mark/feature-xgc-interface-rebase<> ~/Codes/petsc$
../arch-macosx-gnu-g.py
             Configuring PETSc to compile on your system

                                                   ***** WARNING: You have
an older version of Gnu make, it will work,

                         but may not support all the parallel testing
options. You can install the

     latest Gnu make with your package manager, such as brew or macports,
or use

                                                         the
--download-make option to get the latest Gnu make *****

                                                   Trying to download git://
https://bitbucket.org/petsc/pkg-sowing.git for SOWING

                                                   Running configure on
SOWING; this may take several minutes

                                                   Running make on SOWING;
this may take several minutes

                                                   Running make install on
SOWING; this may take several minutes

                                             TESTING: checkSharedLibrary
from config.packages.sowing(config/BuildSystem/config/package.py:926)

        CONFIGURATION CRASH  (Please send configure.log to
petsc-maint at mcs.anl.gov)

09:40 1 mark/feature-xgc-interface-rebase<> ~/Codes/petsc$