[petsc-dev] TAP file and testing error

Balay, Satish balay at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Sep 26 10:28:37 CDT 2019

On Thu, 26 Sep 2019, Scott Kruger via petsc-dev wrote:

> On 9/26/19 12:45 AM, Stefano Zampini wrote:
> > You usually get the backslash when you trying to be quick and tab-complete
> > the command :-)
>
> Yes, I agree that the makefile should fix this.
>
> > and, so far, PETSc accepted this. We should either filter the variable in
> > the makefile, or change the filenames with their paths.
> > Scott, are the two PETSC_ARCH specifications really needed in the filename?
> > I mean first as a folder, than in the filename itself
>
> Barry or Satish should confirm, but as I recall the idea is that if you are
> collecting the the log files into a dashboard, then the PETSC_ARCH labeling
> scheme is best.

Well previously - for the dashboard - we did the rename during the copy [from build location to the dashboard].

If I remember correctly only one generated file had PETSC_ARCH encoded
- that is PETSC_ARCH/lib/petsc/config/reconfigure-PETSC_ARCH.py - so
that its easy to copy/save/reuse this script.

Its not clear to me what type of dashboard we can have in the future -
and how to get the logs there [beyond the current one at gitlab at
https://gitlab.com/petsc/petsc/pipelines]

Satish