[petsc-dev] It would be really nice if you could run a single job on the pipeline with a branch

Balay, Satish balay at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Sep 22 23:26:27 CDT 2019

Even-though a fix addresses a breakage in a single build - that change
could break other things so its generally best to run a full test.

However if I need to run a single (or a few) test(s) - I would do [not
an elegant solution you are looking for]:

- start a new pipeline with the fix
- cancel this pipeline
- restart only the selected runs [within this pipeline]

The status in the MR will reflect that the pipeline failed [due to all the other canceled jobs]

Satish