[petsc-dev] test harness: output of actually executed command for V=1 gone?

Scott Kruger kruger at txcorp.com
Fri Sep 20 12:59:01 CDT 2019

On 9/20/19 10:44 AM, Hapla Vaclav via petsc-dev wrote:
> I was used to copy the command actually run by test harness, change to example's directory and paste the command (just changing one .. to ., e.g. ../ex1 to ./ex1).
>
> Is this output gone? Bad news. I think there should definitely be an option to quickly reproduce the test run to work on failing tests.

I only modified the V=0 option to suppress the TAP 'ok' output.

I think you are referring to the 'not ok' now giving the error code
instead of the cmd which is now true regardless of V.  This was
suggested by others.  I defer to the larger group on what's desired here.

> Note that is sometimes tedious to deduce the whole command line from the test declarations, for example because of multiple args: lines.

Personally, I recommend just cd'ing into the test directory and running
the scripts by hand.

For example:
cd $PETSC_ARCH/tests/ksp/ksp/examples/tests/runex22
cat ksp_ksp_tests-ex22_1.sh
mpiexec  -n 1 ../ex22   > ex22_1.tmp 2> runex22.err

or

cd $PETSC_ARCH/tests/ksp/ksp/examples/tests
./runex22.sh
  ok ksp_ksp_tests-ex22_1
  ok diff-ksp_ksp_tests-ex22_1

Scott

Tech-X Corporation               kruger at txcorp.com
5621 Arapahoe Ave, Suite A       Phone: (720) 974-1841
Boulder, CO 80303                Fax:   (303) 448-7756