[petsc-dev] gitlab migration for pull request

Balay, Satish balay at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Sep 11 08:31:14 CDT 2019

On Wed, 11 Sep 2019, Pierre Gosselet via petsc-dev wrote:

> Dear all,
> I am sorry, I have not understood how to migrate Push Request from
> bitbucket to gitlab.
>
> I think I need the equivalent of
> git remote set-url origin https://gitlab.com/petsc/petsc.git
> applied to my development branch (I see that my branch's remote is
> incorrect in .git/config).
>
> Or am I supposed to make a fresh fork and MR from gitlab ?

Yes - if you had/used a fork at bitbucket - you'll have to create a
similar fork at gitlab.

And then - if your local repo was a clone of the bitbucket fork - you
can use 'git remote set-url' to change its remote to the gitlab fork
[and push your changes/branches over to this fork].

And should be able to create MRs from this gilab fork.

Satish