[petsc-dev] Why no SpGEMM support in AIJCUSPARSE and AIJVIENNACL?

Karl Rupp rupp at iue.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Oct 2 22:59:45 CDT 2019

Hi Richard,

CPU spGEMM is about twice as fast even on the GPU-friendly case of a
single rank: http://viennacl.sourceforge.net/viennacl-benchmarks-spmm.html

I agree that it would be good to have a GPU-MatMatMult for the sake of
experiments. Under these performance constraints it's not top priority,
though.

Best regards,
Karli